October 25, 2011 Meeting Summary
From OHM Space Corporation
Date: October 25, 2011
1700 W. Main St.
Oklahoma City, OK 73106
Total Attendees: 21
Members Present: Lawrence, Mike, Andrew, David, Sean, Dereck, Phil, Ray, Nico
All Directors Present: Jason, Dylan
Recorded By: Jason C. Stone
- Three new members: Derek Hubbard, Mia Bottoms and James Wells
- Kimono Lantern Shirts All Sold. We are sending $250 to Tokyo Hackerspace.
- Cost of downstairs $350/month for 5k starting Dec. 1st. This amounts to about 14 more members per year.
- Rent goes up to $800/month from $500/month
- Current balance: $1871.57
- Maybe $300 over
- Doing physical inventory and assets.
- Grant application was rejected
- Build your own Arduino class was a success 11 people. OHM brought it around $100 from tuition fees. Lawrence donated 50%.
- $160 in cash donations (Anonymous and Deejay)
- Nick Lillard has donated many tables and chairs as well as several pieces of old electronics and a musical synthesizer.
- Nathan Parrow donated saws and an boxes for sandblasting
- Dereck Hubbard donated various items for the kitchen and bathrooms
- Dylan donated $1000 for 501c3 (we should discuss approach to loans)
- We will be getting a new 5k downstairs for CNC
- Scott Green is willing to store our CNC machine until December 1st
- Talked about trip to Noisebridge
- Discussed how money may be generated through group effort
- Discussed renovations including painting and walls
- Discussed cost of paint and purchase of plastic sheet for new wall
- Jason will setup wiki calendar plugin
- Chris Wooldridge (Brian's Friend) mentioned donating shelves.
- Rhett and Sean mentioned that Rhett's father is wiling to help build walls
- Mark Seibold (Court's Friend) mentioned that he would be willing to help create blueprints
- Rhett suggested that we keep contents of space obscured from outside
- Sean mentioned donating a machine for file sharing
- Mark Seibold suggested that we wait for shelves to do inventory
- Bettermeans tasks are now up for people who help around the space. Points will someday be redeemable for things like drinks, classes, stickers and shirts
- Jason suggested we elect more officers including Secretary and VP
- Jason suggested we start doing 5 Mins of fame. Nathan requested that we film the talks and post online.
- OK Lovecraft will be meeting here
- Ray suggested making a Board of Advisors before Board of Directors
- Several members gave support to moving loud stuff downstairs
- Dylan mentioned 80/20 T-Slots
- Andrew opened discussion about how walls would be used for storage
- Discussed which rooms we would use for what using whiteboard and projector
- Allow people to clear tables respectfully by placing things in tubs. Use empty tubs and place them next to tables.
- 10 Yeahs. No No's. Passed. **
- 1st Tuesday is 5 Mins of Fame Night
- 11 Yeahs. No No's. Passed **
Meeting adjourned at 9:10PM