November 13, 2012 Meeting Summary
From OHM Space Corporation
End: ~9:00 PM
Total Present: 13
Board Present: Dylan and Jason
- We have architects who are doing drawings now
- Occupancy permit should be doable
- We probably won't need structural repairs upstairs
- Ludivine (w/Elemental Coffee?) has agreed to sublease a cafe at the space
- Dylan's uncle at Hobby Lobby is willing to do general contracting and is attempting to get Hobby Lobby involved
- There is still a chance we are not committed to this
- Five people have tentatively agreed to sublease dedicated workshop spots
- We need to pay a few months rent upfront and pay a deposit.
- If we pay in advance then R3 is willing to start making improvements including HVAC.
- We have filed for a 10K grant from Kirpatrick Foundation
- We will try to take over al 20k of space
- Dylan has been working with other members to create a vision and mission statement document
- Dylan will place this document online
- Dylan is releasing a document that describes a new structure for member based committees.
- Dylan read through the document to give everyone an overview
- Dylan apologized for us being underprepared in the past. He feels this new structure will rectify many of the persistent problems that we face.
- There will soon be a surplus of money, we hope, given the cafe and personal workspace leases. We need to determine a way to solicit and appropriate funds.
- Nathan has something to propose concerning a plan to organize how personal things are kept in the space. He'll share this soon.
- Executive board will be meeting monthly at lunch from now on.
- Bold textBusiness meetings are moving to Wednesday night so new members are not scared away.
- We have just enough in the bank to cover internet access and quickbooks - ~ $115
- We have 47 members (This needs to be double checked)
- We payed a full month's worth of rent to R3, but, we have not been paying electricity, trash and water. We also made partial payments for previous 2 months. We are approximately $2000 in debt to R3.
- Matt's class went well. He was able to contribute $307.95 to OHM Space.
- Drew sent out survey to collect ideas about what members want from OHM Space and how they view its purpose.
- We are trying to create a booklet that will help us have a good story for convincing people to donate and participate.
- Drew is able to help introduce the space to companies and the media
- We will be launching an Indigogo or Fundly campaign.
- We are starting a 3D Printer Group night every Wednesday @ 7:30PM!
- Jason suggested that we have a forum thread where people can suggest things they would like to learn or teach to help people plan new classes.
- Dylan announced that we will be voting on the committee plan at next month's 2nd Wednesday business meeting.
- Post the committee plan on forums. - DONE
- Post values and vision statement document - DONE - See: Values
- Start forum so people wanting to teach a class or learn a topic can find each other - DONE