May 10, 2011 Meeting Summary
From OHM Space Corporation
2nd Regular Member/Board Meeting
Date: May 10, 2011
1700 W. Main St.
Oklahoma City, OK 73106
Total Attendees: 15
Members Present: Nick Lillard, Lawrence, Robert, Brian Rumburg
Board Members Present: Jason C. Stone, Dylan Mackey
Recorded By: Jason C. Stone
Dylan Delivered President's Report
- 15 Paying Members
- Waiting for junk to be removed and we haven't been able to get anyone to commit to doing renovations
- Scope of renovations include:
- remove tiles and insulation
- pressure wash floor and walls
- paint walls and floors white
- tear down small office
- strip wood paneling
- patch holes in floor and remove nails
- maybe stain or paint floor
- We've budgeted around $1000 for the work and plan on getting rent credit for the work. We're offering around $12-$15/hour
- We need a dumpster for renovations
- We have the RFID stuff donated but it has not been installed
- Members are concerned about security of glass windows up front
- Kickstarter has problems with our levels. We need to review what we're offering.
Jason Delivered Treasure's Report
- We have a bank account with Bank of Oklahoma
- We have merchant accounts with PayPal and Square Inc.
- Over the last two months we've had the following expenses
- Electricity: $25.78
- Rent: $300 (April) + $150 (May) + $300 Deposit
- Internet: $40 (still have not been invoiced. goes up to $80 in 6 months)
- Web Hosting: $9.79 (monthly)
- Insurance: $583.00 (annually)
- Supplies for Events: 44.80 (Transcendent Man Screening and Hangout Nights)
- We have approximately $3680 is the bank!
- We Received The Following Donations
- Nick Lillard donated a music synth shield for arduino. He also donated two tables and a rug.
- Sean donated wireless router
- O'reilly donated a box of books, free 4 maker faire tickets and assorted swag!
- Options were discussed for get tables and chairs
- Jason and Dylan supported some consistency on the types worktables and chairs. Between 4-6 to get started. Similar to TechShop SF.
- Jason suggested we build our own so we could always repair or add new ones
- Paul Baggie suggested doors for tables
- Dylan suggested discussing table & chair strategy on wiki
- Robert suggested Octagon style workbenches around the polls.
- Derek Hubbard suggested we have tables made like OKC CoCo
- Dylan called for us to move on
- Jason suggested tubs instead of lockers
- Nick suggested storing things in stacks that use the height of the space
- Jason suggested that we use a back room with RFID access to tubs
- Dylan discussed tubs full of free donated parts
- Dylan suggested we turn a room into a "Clean Room" and one into a "Spray Room"
- Laurence suggested that we not "over plan" and that we should allow people to be free to do things that are easy for people to remove.
- Jason suggested that anything that is basically a long term modification to the space then it should be voted on.
- Paul Baggie discussed how long we should commit to the space.
- We discussed keeping our options open to moving into other spaces but still trying to hold the space if we add a more central venue.
- Discussed the possibility of working with Micky Clagg to get a flag ship space.
- Dylan introduced the idea of hosting a Fab Lab at OHM Space
- We would like to have a set of tools and services that available with high reliability
- We would like an Epilog LaserCutter, ShopBot CNC Mill and a Mirco CNC, plotter cutter
- Jason elaborated on the idea of a set of core offerings that we can promise to people and how this would bring in donations and grants
- Dylan discussed levels on kickstarter
- Jason suggested that people meet with Dylan to figure out kickstarter rewards
- Jason brought everyone unto date on Kimono Lantern Shirts
- Nick discussed adding a gate to the from door
- Nick donated two tables and a rug!
Meeting Adjourned to McNellie's for food and drink at 8:33pm