May 08, 2012 Meeting Summary
From OHM Space Corporation
Date:May 08, 2012
End: 8:51 PM
1700 W. Main St.
Oklahoma City, OK 73106
Total Attendees: 25
All Directors Present: Jason Stone, Dylan Mackey, Scott Philips
Recorded By: Jason C. Stone
- We sent the 1023 in the mail today. $850
- We are officially 501c3 pending!
- We moved the new CNC Mill. $160
- We still have 8 preorder shirts that have not been claimed. Please cancel or pay asap!
- We still have 50 members
- We are offering yearly payments of $350 to encourage single payments
- We are offering monthly payments of $33.33 through Dwolla
- Currently 5 members are using monthly payments
- We have $900 in unpaid dues with $800 due or overdue this month.
- We have $655 in the bank
- We have estimated repairs at $20k-25k.
- Heating and air will come out of our pocket. Estimated at $10k.
- Grayson and Casey are trying to help
- Owner is interested in paying for external repairs and major code compliance issues
- Painting, sidewalk, windows
- Plumbing and electric up to code
- We have zero interest loans totally $2500.
- Jason $700
- Dylan $1,800
- We need funding for paint
- Johnson Controls is interested in helping with AC
- Nathan and Matt are doing safety operations
- They need help with people adding machines to their safety list
- Jason is going to get the QR Code system working better
- Scott suggested that we publicize what we come up with
- Grayson suggested a safety day where we orient people on several pieces of equipment. Francis Tuttle may be interested in coming out.
- Front desk kiosk is being setup
- Chuck is working on the back rooms. Not much progress. He will use Bettermeans.
- Dylan introduced Jay who has a clinical degree in Prosthetics. He has received many grants and he is offering a workshop for entrepreneurs.
- Working on a workshop date
- Scott shared about "Accelerators". Venture Spur has been started in OKC. First proposal due this month.
- We will have a booth at Paseo Arts Festival
- We are still planning to at tend Kansas City Maker Faire at end of June 23-24
- We need to be able to create committees
- Voting in favor of something in addition to indicating how opposed we are to other options could give us feedback for building consensus
- Introducing wiki pages for current and past business
- Introducing a new kind of Book Club for Makers!
- Jason asked for DLP projectors to be donated and scouted
- Ray introduced an organization that tries to place students to work. $2000 for 6 people for two months.
- Apprive $350 and monthly $33.33
- Passed unanimous
Meeting adjourned at 8:51PM