March 13, 2012 Meeting Summary
From OHM Space Corporation
Date:March 13, 2012
NOTE: There were several technical hangups during this meeting. Dylan was on the road and attended via Skype. Jason was having trouble with an encrypted disk that contained the login info for all the financial records and his laptop was tied up projecting Skype for Dylan. Thus, he wasn't able to keep good meeting mins and the financial data was incomplete. We'll do better next meeting :)
Meeting Start: 8:00PM Meeting End: 9:30PM (?)
1700 W. Main St.
Oklahoma City, OK 73106
Total Attendees: >20
Members Present: Dan Weaver, Lawrence Kincheloe, Robert Green, David Smolkin, Derek Hubbard, Stan Hall, Mike Douglas, Nico Cinocco, Mia Bottoms, James Newman, ?
All Directors Present: Jason Stone, Dylan Mackey (Via Skype)
Recorded By: Jason C. Stone (Recreated from memory and a few notes on 03-22-2012)
- Jason was unable to access online records due to a problem with an encrypted disk, but was confident that all data would eventually be available.
- 47 Total Members
- Current balance ~ $1000
- 501c3 still in Gene's hands, we may start working on it on our own
- We know have a social network for donation campaigns - http://fundly.com/ohmspace
- Downstairs $350/month we may be able to move to the contiguous 10k later on. Billy said he will be flexible.
- Dylan has been visiting other hackerspaces recently and building good will
- Dylan spoke with some people from the Kirkpatrick Foundation and they requested that the board include at least 5 members
- He was attending the meeting from an airport and didn't have a lengthy report
- We are building a telepresence robot based on the TurtleBot platform
- We have permission to screen Handmade Nation at the space - http://handmadenationmovie.com/
- Mathew Wilkes presented a plan for hosting CNC Mills. The group discussed this in small groups.
- Jason will start doing "Project Roundup" blog posts this month
- Jason is working on setting up Bookclub page
- Jason encouraged everyone to use the space for meetups based on online courses after individuals have watched videos on their own, "Flipped Classroom"